Hounslow Jets Swimming Club is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Hounslow Jets Swimming Club may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 20th June 2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- details of any medical condition and medication details that would affect your safety or performance in swimming and in accordance with ASA policy. This information will be kept in the strictest confidence by the membership secretary and the coaches ONLY and will not be shared with any other third party without seeking permission first, unless duty bound to do so, by law.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Provision of information to the ASA as required by law and in line with ASA guidance.
- We may periodically send update emails or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that a website can store on your computer’s hard drive. If you allow cookies to be stored, they can help websites analyse web traffic or respond to you as an individual by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
This website uses two cookies to help us identify which pages are being used. This helps us to see how effective the website is and to improve it to fit the needs of swimmers and their parents better.
No personally identifiable data is gathered. The data stored in the cookie is in a format that cannot be read by anyone else. The cookies in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.