- The Meet Manager will email you important information about the Gala.
- Decide which events you would like to enter. For some galas our coaching team will select events for the swimmers depending on the specific goals and targets for each individual; for some the swimmer themselves can choose which events they want to swim. This will always be dependent on the type of gala it is and the age/ability of the swimmer concerned. On the occasions that the swimmer can pick their events, please bear in mind that entering too many events will be very tiring and may mean you do not swim at your best. If in doubt ask your Coach who will be happy to advise you.
- Go to the ‘Enter a Gala‘ page on this website, complete the on-line entry form and press ‘Submit’ before the Hounslow Jets closing date.
- Once received, all entries will be collated and the details emailed for you to check that you have been entered for the correct events. Sometimes mistakes can happen and, if this is the case, you must inform the Meet Manager before the closing date so that the appropriate changes can be made. Once the deadline has passed it is not possible to rectify any mistakes. The information is then sent to the club hosting the meet.
- Once entries have closed, the host club decides which entries to accept and sends details back to the participating clubs. At this point, the Meet Manager will liaise with you regarding the fees due which should be paid to Hounslow Jets by BACs.
- Should there be any rejections of entrants then the details of any refunds available will also be given. However, please note that this can sometimes be a number of weeks after the event has taken place.
- If you withdraw from an event in the days before or on the day of the gala, you will need to advise the Meet Manager or Coach immediately but there will be no refund. If you fail to turn up to take part in your event, Hounslow Jets will be fined and and this will be passed onto you.
- Should there be any rejections of entrants then the details of any refunds available will also be given. However, please note that this can sometimes be a number of weeks after the event has taken place. If you withdraw from an event shortly before or on the day of the gala, there is no refund. If you fail to turn up to take part in your event, Hounslow Jets will be fined and this will be passed on to you.
· You will have a record of your PBs from Time Trials in training sessions as well as from galas so you need to make sure that you update them whenever your time is improved. Please ensure that you have a correct record of your PBs and where you achieved them, as you will be often asked for this information. We do have all of this information should you need it, it can also be found on the British Swimming Rankings.Competition Information The Amateur Swimming Association (ASA) license meets at Level 1 (highest) to Level 4 (lowest). Note: These licences have nothing to do with which level squad you are in. All club swimmers are expected to regularly enter competitions as part of the squad criteria; after all we are a competitive swimming club. Level 1 meets will have minimum qualifying times and are broadly aimed at swimmers aiming for National Qualifying Times (NQTs). Level 2 meets have minimum qualifying times and upper limit times; these are aimed at those looking for good District and County qualifying times. These meets will qualify swimmers for County, Regional and National competitions. Level 3 meets typically have upper limit times, where swimmers may not enter if their times are faster than the specified qualifying times, and are aimed at County and Club swimmers. These meets will qualify swimmers for Regional and County qualifying times, however NQT entries will not be excepted at these meets unless specifically specified in the meet information. Level 4 meets are only for internal club meets, such as Club Championships and official Time Trials, but they have more freedom in terms of using electronic timing and qualified officials. These meets qualify swimmers for County times.